Jack of all trades, master of none

I really don’t know what I would do to change the study program of psychology, even doe I know that are some changes I could do. The thing with this career is that is very varied, because when you think about it, we are trying to study the human mind, or maybe the most apropiate term is that we are asking ourselves the question of subjectivity itself, and are the same numbers of interpretations that ways to see the human being, epistemologically, philosophically, and historically speaking.

Having that said, it gets really complicated to show everybody all the choices but at the same time not overwhelming them with a lot of things they don’t really care. The classes that the career has in the first semester are really necessary in my opinion, because we need to know about the other study fields in near to us like Philosophy, History, Anthropology, Sociology and of course Psycology.

But I think it’s a problem that people like me had to wait so long to discover what I get in in the first place. I entered this career by the baccalaureate program, so it took me 4 years to have a realization of what I maybe become in the future.

With the study hours we have a similar problem, because with all the special income we have a very variated source of students, people that comes from the richest parts of the country and some that didn’t had that opportunity, so maybe what I consider that is a low or heavy charge maybe it’s a really big or not that big deal to someone from other reality. The only thing I know is that the workload its not that heavy comparing to the engineers or the med students, so that’s a relief.


Maybe to cut some classes and put others this department has to be more specific on what they are really looking for because, like the old saying “Jack of all trades, master of none”.

Comentarios

  1. I think that saying sums it all up, I've felt like that. Knowing bits and pieces but not feeling like I was able to do something correctly. For me, it went away, but hopefully the administration gets that and starts making changes so future students don't feel the same way.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Half Time

Post Graduated Sudies